Friday, January 13, 2006

Memoirs of a Goober



Last night I finally got to see "Memoirs of a Geisha" after a failed attempt just before Christmas... Let me just say, it was worth the wait.

I read the book this summer, while I was very much pregnant and on guard duty at the top of the stairs, and thought the while "Hey, this would make an incredible movie!" Low and behold, it arrived on the scene. They were probably making it when I was reading it. I hope it wins some awards this year because it was very well done and didn't stray too far from the book, which is rare.

Academy, are you listening?

But, alas, I went to the late show and am now suffering the after-effects... De-caff be damned!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I think I might see it sometime too. But hey, you were right about the book turning into a movie and now it seems you are right about the awards too! It got nominated for some golden globes (the pre-Oscars)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home