Monday, August 15, 2005

*pregnant pause*

*sigh*

38 wks.

*sigh*

38 wks and a day actually.

*sigh*

I've convinced everyone that my due date is actually today, so they are all calling and are surprised to hear that the critter is still on the inside.
Said "critter" is quickly running out of room and my irritable uterus likes to contract just for the hell of it... especially nightly starting at about 7:30 on until bedtime.

"BABY!!!!! Come on out!!"

I miss peeing more than a thimblefull at a time.

I'm so sorry that I seem to be so self-involved lately. I'm stuck in my little pregnant bubble spewing complaints like old faithful. It's just so preoccupying to be inhabited and be reminded almost every waking moment of that fact... it's hard to forget between heartburn, waddling, not being able to breathe or eat a full meal without feeling like revisiting it shortly after, or what about "somebody's" little monkey toes burrowing between your ribs??? See, I can't help myself.

sorry.

I am truly thankful that she's healthy and her toes are indeed present and accounted for... and I know that all these "discomforts of gestation" are all worth it in the end. I've heard it said "Enjoy the ride." Well, Ok. I did. The ride is now over, the cotton candy machine is shut off and the carnies have gone home!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Ok, it's a week later now. Is she still on the inside? Huh? huh? Is she?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home