Wednesday, October 04, 2006

*chirp*

We have a cricket living between us and the next door neighbours...

I don't ever remember hearing a cricket chirping here, in the suburban sprawl, since we moved in two years ago.
For the past little while I sit in my living room knitting, watching tv - whatever and listen.

The lone cricket.

It's funny but his song seems to be more beautiful in the sea of manicured lawns and concrete sidewalks than a whole chorus of the wee guys in the countryside.

I think Someone knew I needed to hear him for my transition from my summer vacation in NB back to the reality of "Big City Life".

Sometimes I think I'm not listening hard enough or not looking hard enough for the things that I miss. A quiet moment, a starry sky, the sound of the rain... I think I'll try harder and stop complaining about the city...

Even though,
Please stay little cricket.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

I'm happy you found this new Jiminy friend! Do you think he followed you guys all the way from New-B? Maybe he saw what a good, happy family you are and decided to come live with you? I heard that a cricket brings good luck to a home. I hope it's true for you guys.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger The Gadoury Chronicles said...

could your truck be fixed? I hope I hope.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

Nah. I'm posting from school. Meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home