Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I SURVIVED! ... 10 KM and she keeps on tickin'

.... Until I got home and passed out "bouche ouvert" on the couch for close to two hours!
Made for endurance I am not. We did it! We did the whole 10 km and have the blistering sunburn and aching feet to prove it. That's me above getting ready to collapse in the passenger seat.

It was really neat - if people still say neat! Yeah. There was a piping band to lead us off and keep our cadence. Then there were cheerleaders in full uniform along the route to keep us motivated and a digereedoo (sp?) player at the rest stop to provide music to tinkle by port-o-potty style!

I want to send out a huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me monetarily, or otherwise! I had never done anything like this before, especially something so that I have such a invested interest in. I was pleasantly surprised, some would say "agog", at the response I got!

Thank you, truly, from the very deepest back corner of my heart!

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

You make me proud. And you look HOT!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Argh. I'm so lame! I can't believe I missed cheering you on!

DOH!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Look at you! Just LOOK AT YOU! You look hot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home