Wednesday, February 01, 2006

KooKooKachoooo


Well, I'd like to tell you how exciting my day was but that would be lying and I wouldn't want to be dubbed a liar now would I.

How about a girl with a wild imagination then??

Well, when I awoke this morning at the lazy hour of 10:30, I slipped out of my 400 count, creamy Egyptian sheets and rubbed my non-puffy eyes smelling the freshly brewed full-bodied Columbian coffe sneaking under my bedroom door. Ahhhh, I pondered.... Roberto is up early today, he must've went for his morning swim already. With that thought still clinging to my head, the door eased open and there he was in alll his tanned, smooth glory.

"hello sleepyhead" he grinned. He was carrying what could only be described as caffeine nectar and tender butter croissants on a tray coupled with a small vase of lilacs cut short and full. I breathed the delicious scene in.

"I thought you might need a wake-up call since you have that massage appointment in an hour..." he mused from beneath his luxurious dark lashes.

I smiled and thanked hime for the thoughtful breakfast. Where can one find a man who looks this good in linen pajama pants? Oh yeah right here in the cocoon of my room ....

Anyways, after I finished up, I wandered into my museum sized closet, to pick out the something that I would wear today. So many choices, so many colours, so many SHOES. What did I feel like today... a floral flirt, a gypsy goddess or a preppy princess? Who can decide.
I flipped my shiny, full-bodied head of blonde gold up into a twisty bun and secured it with a wooden pin so I could concentrate on the important decisions I had to make.

I finally went with Mediterranean muse in the end with a flattering skirt, a gauzy blouse with a sheath underneath... less is more they always say. Then the shoes and jewellery - which is always fun fun fun!

I rushed out the front door after a brief encounter with Roberto promising to hurry back as soon as I could get away. I hopped into the soft leather seats of my volvo? NAHHHHHH. My really nice black convertible (you got me, I know nothing about cars thus have no fantasies about them...) I zoomed off with bursts of rich bass spilling out from my path. There's nothing like the right music to fill your day. My satellite radio seemed as if it were playing each cut just for me and I thought this is the soundtrack to my life... ahhhh.

When I arrived at the spa, there were familiar cars in the lot.... could it be? No. But it was! My friends from all over had surprised me with a weekend get-together. There was Sara from her log-cabin paradise, Steph from her victorian estate, Annie from her wilderness hide-away, Renee from her Algonquin edged sanctuary and Bobby from her Garden district cottage. In the dimly lit lobby, the scent of gardenias was heavy in the air. There they were, some of my most favorite people in the world, waiting for me. They were all clad in the thick white robes that are standard to places like that and each held a crystal flute filled with mimosa. Their happy smiles met mine when they noticed that I had arrived. Our excited chatter echoed off the frescoed walls and my joy could be barely contained. So many people I loved in the same room... For a moment I almost forgot about Roberto waiting for me at home! Bah, who cares about Roberto! I'd much rather spend a week with my friends talking about absolutely nothing in particular! (with some chocolate and alcohol thrown in ther for good measure!)

We spent the morning having decadent treatments of all sorts and chattering all the while. Then lunch arrived in a flurry of activity - it was a buffet! How could I choose, there were all my favorites. Wendy's Big Bacon Classic Combos, Thai dishes, Pancakes soggy with real maple syrup, mashed potatoes, poutine with real squeaky cheese, Vito's pizza and Caesar salad, nachoes smoothered in cheese and sour cream, (can you tell I'm on a diet) - I could go on. (and on and on....)

My massage was the best I'd ever had.... it lasted for what seemed like forever. And I didn't spend the whole time obssessing about when it was going to be over. The masseur just let me fall asleep and left me there until I felt like getting up... *sigh*

then....

WAWWWW
WAWWWW
WAWWWW

Huh? Was that the alarm? Or the baby? Oh, the Baby.
*sigh* I rubbed my eyes with my cracked and dry eczema fingers and searched for my glasses which I succeeded in knocking onto the floor and under the bed. Scrambling under the bed, with the intensifying complaints of my youngest hammering into the side of my head, I finally groped through enough dust bunnies to locate the said specs.
I found my baby girl wet, hungry and quite POed that I couldn't move any faster in my groggy state. When I finally provided her with what she was searching for, I recalled the memory of my parallel life...

Hah. That would be nice.

I watched the warm, round peaches and cream cheek snuggle in close.

But... this isn't as bad either - just different. :)

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

I didn't know you wrote romance novels! That sounded just like a Arlequin book!You know, Roberto and his linen pants... Think about it, you could make money out of your misfortune!

You should have known you were dreaming when you saw me at the spa center! Come on! Who do you know hates massages more than me? But hey, with enough mimosa and chocolate, you might be able to bribe me into it!

I love you and I miss you. We should do that for our birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home