Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Deep Thoughts.... Not Really.

Random thoughts about bathtime:

- I think my bathtub may be too sensitive to the baby soap I am currently using. It develops a soap scummy ring way too fast. My tub may be allergic to Dove baby soap. (I wonder if I should trademark that last phrase... I hope I don't get into trouble - I can't afford the real beauty lawyers I'll need.)

- sometimes I wish baby's bums came with a non-skid coating specifically for use at tub-time.
(they're like slippery little slugs when they try to sit up - it's like trying to hold onto a wet fish.)

- I always call my baby "Papoose" when I wrap her up in the towel with just her eyes and nose sticking out... and then we check out her buddy in the mirror and she laughs.

- I love the sound of the "Happy Apple"*. I don't know if it brings back long-lost memories I have of pleasant bathtimes gone by but it makes me, so appropriately, "happy".

*a Fisher Price bath toy from the 70's that bingle bongs when it rolls around on the current of the bath water - a sturdy toy, one of the only things that survived my childhood. Although, NOT in the original box with the instruction sheet. Ya can't have everything.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

What kinds of sick plumbing appliances are they manufacturing these days? Your bath is allergic to baby soap and mine keeps spitting out hairballs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home