Friday, February 24, 2006

Biting the Bullet

Well, I bought the wool yesterday to make a sweater I have been coveting for some time.

Now I just have to work up the courage to actually start it without having an anxiety attack.

I saw the pattern in a magazine called "Interweave" ( I think). It has the coolest patterns, intimidating, but cool nonetheless. I kept going back to dream about it everytime I needed to look for another pattern from my stash. I finally took the magazine to the LYS (local yarn store) and and asked for advice on the making of said sweater. It was confirmed that if I had knit socks, sweaters for babies and children that I SHOULD have no problem with it. Yuh. We shall see.

First of all, it is a sweater - big project.
Second, it is for me and I'm fussy about the way things fit.
Third, what if I put all this time, effort, money and material into this and it turns out like crap??

but....

If it turns out beautifully my confidence in my knitting ability will be most certainly boosted.
We've got to challenge ourselves right??

OK. Here it goes. I'll keep you all posted on the progress of my dream sweater.


Five things to be happy about -

1. having a warm house on a cold day.
2. people being interested in reading my blog.
3. tax refunds.
4. striped shirts, striped anything.
5. when projects turn out the way you see them in your minds eye.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Steph said...

You're knitting a sweater from Interweave? Which one? Which issue? *flipping madly through my copies of Interweave*

I heart Interweave! Did you know can go to their website and download some of their patterns?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home