Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Name Change May be in Order ....

Well, I propose the new name to be "The Chicken Pox Chronicles". Yes folks, we've been blessed with two horrible cases of "the Pox" in the last three weeks. I'm glad that they got it now while they are young but this is ridiculous! *see attached photos. My children wouldn't be the ones to contract anything at a mild rate... Nope. We get the perfect storm tsunami case, both times! I feel so bad! Thay look sooooo awful. I've realised that I pat Kate's and Philippe's heads a lot, and now there's a crunchy bumpiness that, honestly despite a mother's love, causes me to shudder and recoil a bit....

Kate wasn't too bad to deal with because she can be reasoned with on some levels whereas in Philippe the Terrible's case... He is THE most pig-headed, stubborn, melodramatic kid sometimes- so this has been utter hell trying to convince him to take benadryl every 4-6 hrs let alone tolerate the screaming session that is the dreaded calomine lotion application.

AARRGGHH!

I need a drink. (not one laced with benadryl that "tastes funny" either!)

.... BUTT I can't even relish myself that simple escape cause to add to the mayhem (in more ways than one) I'm in the family way once again - 15 wks so far and counting and counting and counting.... No more morning sickness at least just random gagging at unexpected times. It's all good though - what does the wise Dolly Parton say " You have to suffer the rain to get the rainbow" *sigh*

So! I'm Back for all those who have been pining in my blogging absence! Take to the streets and rejoice! hee hee.

Until our next encounter!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Pas facile! At least it got you to finally update your blog! Glad to see you're back and that your sense of humor has survived the chicken pox attack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home