Thursday, January 13, 2005

Whooooooooooo whooooooooo!!

chugg-a-chugga-chooo choooooo!!!

The christmas train came barrelling down the candy cane tracks and ploughed head-on, full-force into my helpless little self! I guess all that knitting, baking, scrapbooking, christtmas card writting, tinsel-toting took it's toll on "stressed in holiday style" me!

I contracted the flu. On Christmas Day... fa la la la la a .. a... a.... kachoeowjoejhoik!

Is it because I was hesitant to go and receive the flu shot due to my phobia of needles?
No there was a shortage and I didn't want to increase the risk for the elderly and the young....
anybody buying that??

Is it because I now have a schoolage child and also have the pleasure of being exposed to every germ in the system transported by snotty little kids? Probably.

In the midst of the phlegm-hoarding throws of feverish shivering I vowed to purchase and install anti-bacterial stations at all points of entry to our house.

"There will be rules about the cleansing of the hands upon entry..." *as I waved aroung a soggy kleenex in one hand, for effect, while clutching my blanket with the other!

Actually if I had to PICK a time to be sick like that it would have been then. I am surrounded by sympathetic family members ( who probably knew thier time would come eventually) who could take over goblin duty while I felt sorry for myself in my nest of crumpled kleenex and Halls wrappers.

I am glad to say it only took three weeks to declare myself officially a phlegm-free vessel and now I'm biding my time until the next on-slaught! What with it be ???
strepp? Bronchitis? oh oh oh maybe head lice??!!

Welcome to the school years!

Oh yeah !! Happy new year everybody! I think I'll go sabotage my new year's resolution and have some chocolate... for lunch! Down with Resolutionsssss!!!!!

(Hey I missed most of the Xmas goodies because I thought I might run into them again after I consumed them! JUST LET ME LIVE DAMMIT! It's my perogativeeee la al ala llla!)


4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

arrrrrrrrr! Mouthwash? We don't need no stinky mouth wash! Just call Ol' Captain Morgan and he'll take care of your germs (ask Mémère!)!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Steph said...

You're back! Oh you poor little thing! Sick over the holidays. There is nothing like throwing wet tissues about until the relatives wonder if it is snowing inside; tasting, only fleetingly the sweet victory of having thrown more than your share of the Christmas meal down your throat, and then only a few hours later to sacrifice that lovingly prepared gastronomic delight to the Delta, The Crane or whatever toilet is in the home of whichever relative you're currently spreading your germs to; frightening the reindeer with your sneezing and making Santa believe that he has landed in a germ warfare combat zone... yes, nothing says the holidays like a down and out case of influenza

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. Apparently a better friend would have called to see if you were ok, but I heard that germs might be able to cross phone lines and 1000 kilometers, so I didn't want to take any chances.

Glad you're on the mend. The hand-washing stations sound like a good idea.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I miss your online prescence.

COME BACK!

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I live in hope, every day.

That baby had better be cute, 'cause (s)he's using a lot of your energy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home