Monday, April 02, 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.... and a big 'ole boat - no joke!


Yes, look at me!
I had a great time!
I actually had no trouble at all down shifting from 5th gear to 2nd,1st and a lot of the time idle.

I actually thought I might be kind of bored sitting, reading, lounging the day away in the sun after running a daily marathon which is my life. I often feel like I'm skidding sideways over the finish line several times a day.


Nope, no trouble to sip slushy rum drinks in the heat of the Mexican sun...
Didn't find snorkeling with schools of brightly colored fish a problem...
Loved getting dressed up and pretty to go to a dinner I didn't have to think about defrosting at 10am or had no problem with someone waiting on me and cleaning up my dirty dishes....
I didn't even have to make my own bed.....

You know that I'm reliving this glorious week now in this post to get me through this cold, wet spring day.....

What I am having trouble with is the reality of coming home.
Don't get me wrong - I missed my kids and husband terribly and actually had to make a $40 phone call from the ship "SHIP TO SHORE ANSWER MY CALL SEND ME A BEACON ...." (ahhh, I'm aging myself) - but coming home and trying to return to that 5th gear I mentioned
earlier....

I was stalling out, spitting and sputtering....
Pitiful, really.

You'd think after a week of relaxation I would be able to tackle real life with a refreshed mind and body....

ahhh, not so much.

I got used to the high life and mommy hood wasn't looking so great.

It is getting better and I seem to be finding my rhythm again .... it was slow 'ole going though for quite for awhile.

5 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Sigh - look at you - on a boat... having such a great time.

And now, back in mom gear. You'll survive (but you may need a life-jacket).

Hey - happy belated birthday!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

That is one bitchin' necklace!
I love it! Did you find that treasure while scuba diving in the Carribeans or did some pirate give it to you, wench?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

Hum, do you realize it's July now?
I miss your posts.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

Are you EVER going to update your blog again?

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

It's been 6 months now and I'm still hoping to hear from you again. Am I hopeless?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home