Sunday, April 23, 2006

With Deepest Apologies....


It always seems like feast or famine with me and keeping my blog up to date. Either the cyberworld knows how many diapers I've changed that day or seasons pass without a word from yours truly.
Honestly, sometimes and sometimes for extended periods of time, I feel like I have nothing valuable to give.
So, here I am. Spring is here, I think. We thought it was here two weeks ago and then .... WHAMO! or more fittingly "WAAAHHHH-MO!" I call the above piece.... "Almost".

Yeah, Mom was coming for a visit and the night before called to inquire about wardrobe choices and area temperatures. "Awwww yeah, it's spring here - it was 21c on friday Blah blah blah..." When she landed in her "spring attire" we were, ah, yeah, having what one might call, um, a mini-blizzard complete with the cutting, whipping winds of April! So, sorry Ma. We were as disappointed as you.

We had a great visit. Didn't get anything I had planned to get done while I had the extra help, we just ended up chatting and catching up instead - which I was most definitely not opposed to! She brought gifts from the recent trip to Mexico with Grampy! Everyone was thrilled with what they received.

At the very top is Nana and her two Mexican sweet sinoritas! I really wish I could figure out how to place the pics on here without looking like a complete computer-illiterate moron.

Spring cleaning is in full-swing!

Awww, who am I kidding! The list of spring cleaning is hanging in the back of my mind like a dirty secret I don't wanna remember exists. Truth be told, I have my husband at my disposal for 30 days. Count 'em - 30. Do you really think that I can get him to help me accomplish everything I would like to get done before he abandons me for working life again??

Not likely.

I will just end up frusterated, hopefully not divorced, with my stupid, stupid, stupid list mocking me! I hate this time of year sometimes. I want to spend, spend, spend. My dreams for a beautiful backyard and garden surface. All the new spring clothes in their riot of colour chant my name as I walk through the Bay. Ohhhh, I NEED a lavender raincoat and new polka-dot rainboots.. and and and.... Yeah.

Pbbblllttttttt.

I guess I should get the groceries instead, Huh?

Maybe I could sneak in a snappy set of spring napkins?

Ode to Green

1. greening up of the grass
2. the bright green of certain budding trees
3. my green sweater
4. green lime jell-o
5. my green contact lenses

what the hell...

6. green apples
7. sea-green
8. sage-green
9. Baby green
10. green peppermints
11. the green of twenties
12. green thumbs
13. the jolly green giant
14. green peas
15. green grapes
16. "le grand vert" - our old van RIP

8 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger 2266 said...

I love the green of a crisp 20 dollars bill...

...Let's go shopping...

...not.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Hey, I just realized it... You updated! Yééééééé!

Doing the happy update danse

Bonne chance with your MS walk, I hope you'll have a sunny day! Why don't you post about the walk here too?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Green eggs and ham

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Rachel Green

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Green Day

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Al Green

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

The Green Mile

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger 2266 said...

Anne of Green Gables

 

Post a Comment

<< Home